Rental ID: CANON_C100_HIRE
- £100 per day
The Canon C100 inherits the design, sensor and form factor of its older brother the C300. The most important factor is the Super 35 sensor, which is identical to the C300.
The C100 is slightly smaller than the C300 but is modelled almost identically.
For the standard benefits of the C100 please read our C300 page because they are the same (mostly). The C100 negatives that you need to be aware of are: the camera is handicapped by its bit rate at 24Mbps (same as the 5D MK3) using the AVCHD codec wrapper (which uses more compression and requires a beefier machine to work with).
The C100’s viewfinder is inferior to the C300 and a slight pain to work with to be honest. However, the bottom line is the C100 sensor is the same as the C300. If you don’t mind the AVCHD 24Mbps bit rate then the captured image is very similar. Alternatively, if you use an external HDMI recorder like our Atomos Ninja 2 (hired separately) with the C100 then the recorded image is identical to the C300, you couldn’t tell them apart!
Canon C100 camera hire in Birmingham, London, Manchester, Bristol and UK nationwide
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor
- EF Lens Mount with EF Contacts
- HDMI Outputs a Non-Compression Signal
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- ISO 320 and up to ISO 20000
- Wide DR and Canon Log Gamma
- Reduced Rolling Shutter Skews
- Built-in ND Filters with Manual Controls
- Two XLR Audio Connectors
- Peripheral Illumination Correction